Cheesy vegetarian ‘sausage’ rolls recipe
The ingredient of Cheesy vegetarian ‘sausage’ rolls recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons Vegemite
- Pinch dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 200g button mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 125g (1 cup) grated sweet potato
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons clean thyme leaves
- 150g colby cheese, reduce into 1cm pieces
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, simply thawed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Tomato relish or tomato sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Cheesy vegetarian ‘sausage’ rolls recipe
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan pressured. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Heat the oil in a massive frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion. Cook, stirring often, for four-5 minutes or till gentle. Add the garlic, Vegemite and chilli (if the use of) and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the mushroom and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 mins or till tender and the liquid has evaporated. Add the candy potato and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or till softened. Stir in the lentils and thyme. Season. Transfer to a massive heatproof bowl. Set aside, stirring often, for 15 minutes to cool. Stir in the cheese.
- Cut each pastry sheet in half of. Place one sector of the candy potato combination in a log shape alongside one long fringe of the pastry. Brush the alternative aspect with egg. Roll up tightly to enclose. Repeat with the last pastry and filling. Cut every roll into 4 pieces and vicinity, seam-aspect down, on the organized trays.
- Brush the pastry with egg and use a pointy knife to score traces into the pinnacle of the pastry. Bake for 25 mins or until golden brown. Serve with tomato appreciate or sauce.
Nutritions of Cheesy vegetarian ‘sausage’ rolls recipefatContent: