Thai massaman red meat salad recipe
The ingredient of Thai massaman red meat salad recipe
- 1/4 cup massaman curry paste
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, beaten
- half of lemongrass stalk, white element best, very finely chopped
- 600g red meat rump steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons candy chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- three infant cucumbers, thinly sliced into rounds
- 400g chat potatoes
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons tamarind puree
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons crunchy peanut butter
- 270ml can light coconut milk
- 120g mixed salad leaves
- 200g tomato medley, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rounds
- half cup clean coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup sparkling Thai basil leaves
- 1/four cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1/four cup more or less chopped roasted peanuts
The instruction how to make Thai massaman red meat salad recipe
- Combine 2 tablespoons curry paste with 1 tablespoon water, ginger, garlic and lemongrass. Place pork in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Rub throughout with paste mixture. Cover. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, combine chilli sauce and vinegar in a pitcher bowl. Add cucumber. Season. Cover. Set apart for 2 hours.
- Place potatoes in a big saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over excessive warmness. Reduce heat to medium. Boil for 10 to 12 minutes or until simply tender. Drain. Cool for 15 mins. Slice thickly. Drizzle with peanut oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a massive chargrill pan on medium-high heat. Cook potato slices, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or till charred. Transfer to a plate. Cook steak for 3 to 4 mins every aspect, for medium, or until cooked on your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, cook ultimate curry paste in a small saucepan over medium-high warmness for two minutes. Add tamarind puree, sugar, sh sauce, peanut butter and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer. Reduce warmth to medium. Simmer, stirring every so often, for four to five mins or till sauce thickens.
- Arrange salad leaves, potato, tomato, onion, herbs, bean sprouts and cucumber on a large platter. Slice pork. Place on pinnacle of salad. Drizzle with tamarind sauce and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve.
Nutritions of Thai massaman red meat salad recipefatContent: 556.153 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 37.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 40 grams protein
sodiumContent: 90 milligrams cholesterol