Steak with quick sauce bordelaise and boulangere potatoes
The ingredient of Steak with quick sauce bordelaise and boulangere potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- four x 200g pork rib-eye steaks (at the bone)
- 2 cups (500ml) red wine (ideally Bordeaux)
- Bouquet garni (a few thyme and parsley sprigs and bay leaves, tied with string)
- 2 eschalots, finely chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) red meat consomme or demi-glaze (see notice)
- 1 tablespoon crimson wine vinegar
- 20g unsalted butter
- Watercress or salad leaves, to serve
- 100ml duck fat (see word)
- 100ml dry white wine
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 8 desiree potatoes, peeled, reduce into 3-4mm slices (a mandoline is good)
- 300ml Massel fowl fashion liquid inventory, heated
The instruction how to make Steak with quick sauce bordelaise and boulangere potatoes
- For the potatoes, preheat the oven to a hundred and eightyu00b0C and grease a 2-litre baking dish.
- Heat the duck fats in a big frypan over medium-low warmness. Add onion and thyme and cook dinner, stirring, for eight minutes or until smooth. Add the white wine and simmer for 2-3 mins till almost evaporated, then upload the potato and stir to coat.
- Layer the potato mixture in a baking dish, overlapping in a circular pattern. Pour over enough stock to submerge the potatoes. Cover surface carefully with baking paper reduce to match, then cowl pan with foil. Bake for 20 mins, then put off the foil and paper and bake for a further half-hour or till stock is absorbed and potato is golden.
- Meanwhile, combine olive oil, chopped thyme and garlic in a small bowl, then season. Brush steaks with the marinade and set aside whilst you make the sauce.
- Place wine, bouquet garni and eschalots in a pan over medium-high warmth. Bring to a simmer, then cook, stirring now and again, for three-4 minutes until decreased by 1/2. Add the consomme, then cook dinner for a in addition 15-20 mins till reduced by using half of once more. Strain through a sieve, then preserve warm.
- Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill pan or frypan over excessive warmth.
- In 2 batches if important, grill the steaks for 3 minutes every facet for medium-uncommon or until cooked to your liking. Loosely cowl the steaks with foil and relaxation for 3 minutes.
- Stir the crimson wine vinegar into the sauce, then whisk inside the butter to give it a pleasing glossy finish.
- Divide steaks among serving plates, drizzle with sauce, then serve with the boulangere potatoes and salad leaves.
Nutritions of Steak with quick sauce bordelaise and boulangere potatoesfatContent: 914.175 calories
saturatedFatContent: 60 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 28 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 24 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 51 grams protein
sodiumContent: 190 milligrams cholesterol