Steak with peppercorn sauce and roast greens
The ingredient of Steak with peppercorn sauce and roast greens
- 1 bunch asparagus, reduce into thirds
- 2 cups leftover roast veggies (see associated recipe)
- 60g combined salad leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 x 125g pork sirloin steaks
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Massel beef stock
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorns in brine, drained
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- half of cup mild thickened cooking cream
The instruction how to make Steak with peppercorn sauce and roast greens
- Place asparagus in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for four to five minutes or until smooth. Drain. Refresh in a bowl of iced water. Drain.
- Place Roast vegetables, salad leaves and asparagus in a big bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and a couple of tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Drizzle steaks with 2 teaspoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-excessive warmness. Cook steaks for 3 to four minutes each aspect for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Rest for five mins.
- Meanwhile, lessen heat to medium. Add ultimate oil to pan. Add onion. Cook, stirring every now and then, for five to six minutes or till softened. Add wine and inventory. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 mins or until reduced by half. Add peppercorns, mustard and cream. Simmer for four to 5 minutes or till barely thickened. Serve steak with peppercorn sauce and salad.
Nutritions of Steak with peppercorn sauce and roast greensfatContent: 518.391 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 33.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 88 milligrams cholesterol