Lamb, pomegranate & pistachio pilaf
The ingredient of Lamb, pomegranate & pistachio pilaf
- 200g Coles Brand Greek fashion yoghurt, plus greater to serve
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 2 garlic cloves, overwhelmed
- 1kg diced lamb
- 1 pomegranate, seeds eliminated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions halved, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bunch English spinach, stalks trimmed, chopped, blanched
- 1 cardamom pod, squashed
- 1 tablespoon Coles Brand olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, beaten
- 1 celebrity anise
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 cups bird inventory
- 1/three cup Coles Brand roasted & salted pistachios, chopped
The instruction how to make Lamb, pomegranate & pistachio pilaf
- Place 200g yoghurt, curry paste and garlic in a massive glass bowl. Mix to combine. Add lamb cubes and stir to coat with yoghurt mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hr, to marinate.
- Blitz pomegranate seeds in a blender or meals processor. Strain through a sieve over a bowl, discarding the pulp and reserving the juice.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium warmness. Cook onion for 10 mins, until very gentle and caramelised. Add cumin and prepare dinner for 30 secs, till fragrant. Using a slotted spoon, do away with onion from pan. Increase warmth to high. Add lamb combination and cook, stirring, for two-three mins, till browned. Add pomegranate juice and sufficient water to cowl lamb. Bring to the boil. Reduce warmth to low and simmer, covered, for 40 mins, till lamb is gentle.
- Meanwhile, make pilaf. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan on medium warmness. Cook onion for five mins, till softened. Add garlic, cardamom and megastar anise. Cook for 30 secs, until fragrant. Add rice and stir to coat. Add warm stock. Bringto boil. Reduce warmness to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until all the liquid has absorbed. Stir through pistachios and pomegranate arils.
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan-compelled. Transfer lamb combination to an eight-cup potential ovenproof dish. Top with the caramelised onion, spinach then the pilaf. Bake for 15 minutes, till rice bureaucracy a golden crust on top. Serve with more yoghurt.
Nutritions of Lamb, pomegranate & pistachio pilaffatContent: 550.895 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 48.3 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5.2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 42.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 113 milligrams cholesterol