Mexican pork roast with charred tomato salsa
The ingredient of Mexican pork roast with charred tomato salsa
- 800g pork eye round roast
- 1/2 x 40g sachet chilli con carne recipe base
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- half small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped clean coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon sliced pickled jalapenos, finely chopped (optional)
- eight mini white corn tortillas
- Shredded lettuce, to serve
- Reduced-fat grated cheddar, to serve
The instruction how to make Mexican pork roast with charred tomato salsa
- Place beef in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Sprinkle with seasoning. Rub throughout to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour, if time permits.
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C/200u00b0C fan-compelled. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place beef on prepared tray. Roast for forty five minutes for medium or till cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium frying pan over medium warmness. Add tomatoes and garlic. Cook for 10 to fifteen mins or till charred and garlic is soft. Peel garlic. Place tomatoes and garlic in a meals processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in onion, coriander and jalapenos.
- Thinly slice pork. Serve red meat with tortillas, salsa, lettuce and cheese.
Nutritions of Mexican pork roast with charred tomato salsafatContent: 507.636 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 31.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 49.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 122 milligrams cholesterol