Chicken and barley salad
The ingredient of Chicken and barley salad
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 2 (250g each) chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 brown onion, halved
- four inexperienced onions, trimmed, white component best thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted pink capsicum strips
- 75g infant rocket
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon honey
The instruction how to make Chicken and barley salad
- Place barley in a bowl. Cover with warm water. Set apart for 30 minutes. Drain. Transfer to a big saucepan. Add 6 cups cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce warmness to low. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender. Rinse underneath cold water. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, place bird, peppercorns and brown onion in a massive saucepan. Add 5 cups bloodless water. Partially cowl. Bring to the boil over high warmness. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for five to 7 minutes or till simply cooked via. Remove from heat. Set aside for five mins. Remove hen from onion mixture. Set aside to cool barely. Discard onion mixture. Shred chicken.
- Add chicken to barley. Add green onion, capsicum, rocket and pine nuts. Season with pepper.
- Make dressing: Place lemon juice, oil, cumin and honey in a screw-top jar. Secure lid. Shake to combine. Pour over bird aggregate. Toss to combine. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and barley saladfatContent: 396.74 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 36.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 34.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 81 milligrams cholesterol