Indian roast fowl with spiced cauliflower and brown rice recipe
The ingredient of Indian roast fowl with spiced cauliflower and brown rice recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, overwhelmed
- 2cm piece clean ginger, peeled, finely grated
- four massive hen thigh cutlets, pores and skin on
- 1/2 cauliflower, reduce into small florets
- three/4 cup brown basmati rice
- 100g infant spinach
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind, plus lemon zest, to serve
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- half of cup simple Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons shredded clean mint leaves, plus greater leaves, to serve
- 1/four cup flaked almonds, toasted
The instruction how to make Indian roast fowl with spiced cauliflower and brown rice recipe
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine oil, spices, garlic and ginger in a medium bowl. Cut two shallow slits in the skin of every piece of hen. Place in a roasting pan. Spoon half of the spice aggregate over chook. Rub to coat. Add cauliflower to remaining spice aggregate. Toss to coat. Place cauliflower on prepared tray. Roast fowl and cauliflower for 10 mins. Reduce oven to 180C/160C fan-pressured. Roast for a further 20 to 25 minutes or till chook is cooked through and cauliflower is smooth.
- Meanwhile, place rice and 1 1/2 cups water in a massive saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce warmth to low. Simmer for 15 to 17 mins or until smooth. Fluff rice with a fork to split grains. Set apart to cool barely.
- Add spinach, lemon rind, lemon juice and cauliflower to rice. Toss gently to mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine yoghurt and mint in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide rice combination and hen amongst serving plates. Dollop with yoghurt aggregate. Sprinkle with almonds, more mint and lemon zest. Serve.
Nutritions of Indian roast fowl with spiced cauliflower and brown rice recipefatContent: 730.862 calories
saturatedFatContent: 48.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 38 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 33.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 140 milligrams cholesterol